Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jewelry Box Makeover...

Okay so I finally finished the jewelry box(thrift shop find#2). It has actually been finished for a while, but you know how that goes. Anyway I started with a large brown jewelry box found at my local Good Will. It was a great find for only 6 bucks. I removed the hardware and sanded it...once again no pic because no one cares about sanding. I painted it black, not really being to careful about my painting except for the areas near the fabric lining the inside of the jewelry box.


Let it dry and then painted it white. I did the same with the hardware.




After I painted it white, I sanded the jewelry box in random places to let the black show through. I wanted it to look worn and a bit shabby. I also rubbed some of the paint off of the hardware.







I then took some black, vintage-like rub-ons, found at Hobby Lobby and added them to the top of the jewelry box. I love the way it turned out...in fact, I think it might make a really fun Christmas present for someone...

















(the before pics can be found in my past blog, fun finds...)



Now go check out the other laides at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday!



DIY Day @ ASPTL

1 comment:

  1. your new blog background is super fiesty. super. fiesty.
    and it's time to post again.
    get to it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin